What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Co-worker's iPad

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A co-worker/friend friend of mine came into work today and a had wifi only 32GB iPad 2. Everyone at work knows that I have an iPad on the way. He said that he got it at Target. Apparently there was an ad our local newspaper and he went over there and got the last one.

He was kind enoungh to let me use it for awhile, so I got an iPad fix until mine comes in the mail. :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A co-worker/friend friend of mine came into work today and a had wifi only 32GB iPad 2. Everyone at work knows that I have an iPad on the way. He said that he got it at Target. Apparently there was an ad our local newspaper and he went over there and got the last one.

He was kind enoungh to let me use it for awhile, so I got an iPad fix until mine comes in the mail. :D

That was very kind of your co-worker. I guard my iPad jealously. I won't even let my wife use mine.....:)

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've discovered, through bitter experience, that all sorts of *bad things* happen to your computer/iPad if you let someone else use it. So my wife and I have an agreement; she plays the violin and I agree never to touch it (I can't play anyway, so that's hardly a hardship) and she agrees never to touch - and I mean *touch* - my iPad. No way - never - ever.....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You guys are protective aren't you. I let my kids play games on mine but I'm never far away though so I do get you

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody in my family is allowed to touch my iPad AT ALL. I swear, if they do, I go crazy on them.
I found if I let other people use my stuff it ends ups getting broken.
(One time I loaned my friend my cell phone to call her father, and it "accidentally" got run over by a car!)

Occasionally, I give them my iPad to play Angry Birds so they'll stop bugging me. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad_Lover said:
Nobody in my family is allowed to touch my iPad AT ALL. I swear, if they do, I go crazy on them.
I found if I let other people use my stuff it ends ups getting broken.
(One time I loaned my friend my cell phone to call her father, and it "accidentally" got run over by a car!)

Occasionally, I give them my iPad to play Angry Birds so they'll stop bugging me. ;)

So you do let them play eventually, you big softie

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
So you do let them play eventually, you big softie

I can't help it. ;)
Besides, I hold them against their will that if they break it, they are buying me a brand new iPad. You should see the freaked out look on my brother's face when he asks to borrow my iPad.

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah mine has to stay at home. If Anyone want to use it. It's free game lol

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for a week now and so far no one has touched it except my boyfriend. My family hasn't asked to play with it or anything but if they wanted to I'd let them. I have a friend who wants to see it in the future so I'll let her too...she's contemplating on getting an iPad herself. I am only most protective of my iPad when I take it out of the house. I do not like using it in public where people can see...I am paranoid that someone is gonna snatch it from my hands or steal it somehow. When I take my iPad out in public, it mostly stays in it's protective sleeve, and in my purse... And I have my purse with me at all times. Last week I took my iPad to work with me because I saved a PDF document in my iBooks that I was planning to read (it was work related) and every time I had to leave my desk, I hid my purse under my desk and every time I came back to my desk, I would open my purse to make sure it was still there... Yup, I'm THAT protective of that thing :) but when it comes to close friends, family, and the boyfriend, then they can play with it lol.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cvadh387 said:
I've had my iPad for a week now and so far no one has touched it except my boyfriend. My family hasn't asked to play with it or anything but if they wanted to I'd let them. I have a friend who wants to see it in the future so I'll let her too...she's contemplating on getting an iPad herself. I am only most protective of my iPad when I take it out of the house. I do not like using it in public where people can see...I am paranoid that someone is gonna snatch it from my hands or steal it somehow. When I take my iPad out in public, it mostly stays in it's protective sleeve, and in my purse... And I have my purse with me at all times. Last week I took my iPad to work with me because I saved a PDF document in my iBooks that I was planning to read (it was work related) and every time I had to leave my desk, I hid my purse under my desk and every time I came back to my desk, I would open my purse to make sure it was still there... Yup, I'm THAT protective of that thing :) but when it comes to close friends, family, and the boyfriend, then they can play with it lol.

You are so right! I work in a high school and that baby does not leave my eyesight. Its in a purple netbook shoulder bag with all my lesson planners and it gets tucked into the science resource drawer system when I have to leave the prep room. I let a select few students touch it but that is it.

Dawgluver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
His and Hers is the way to go. DH made a trip to his folks over Easter, and temporarily lost his to our teenaged niece (foolish man).

Mine in its bag goes wherever I take my purse. Never leaves my sight.

Last edited:

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let my husband use it (although he tries to get me to leave it behind when I go to work but that's not happening!) and adult family members. I've let a couple friends who were interested play with it but only trusted friends and under direct supervision :-D

Most reactions

Latest posts