What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CNN and HLN Announce Live 24-Hours-A-Day Streaming to iPad and iPhone

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
cnn_live.JPG
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CNN and HLN announced today that their 24-hour television networks are to be streamed live on the CNN App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, making CNN Worldwide the first news organisation to stream its linear television channels online and on mobile devices. Also today, CNN says that it is debuting its new video experience, which seamlessly integrates live network TV into a larger and higher-quality video player capable of HD video. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In order to be able to watch the streaming broadcasts from CNN via CNN’s iPhone or iPad apps, you’ll have to be one of the 50 million households in the US with a subscription to a participating pay TV provider, such as AT&T, Comcast, Cox, DISH Network, Suddenlink and Verizon. [/FONT]

"CNN is taking a significant step forward by offering live CNN and HLN TV to our audiences whether they are on their couches at home or have their toes in the sand on the beach," said KC Estenson, general manager of CNN Digital. "The 10 million users who have downloaded CNN's mobile apps and the tens of millions of people who get the latest news and information from CNN.com every day will soon be able to watch CNN TV on every device they have."
[FONT=&quot]Click here to download the free app, which has just been updated today with the Live CNN TV service: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CNN App for iPhone (U.S.) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CNN App for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

Source: CNN via TUAW

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So us DirecTv users are SOL.:( And so are Time Warner Cable subscribers despite TW owning CNN and HLN?:confused:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This works very well! But as with anything I try new on my iPad, I can't hear it.:(

This is very cool to see what I am watching on my TV at that same time! Well ~ the iPad is like a second or two behind.

Last edited:

hmlouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try checking to see whether or not your iPod (Music) setting is on mute. Muting cuts out the sound on the CNN app. Hope this helps.

hmlouis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmlouis said:
Try checking to see whether or not your iPod (Music) setting is on mute. Muting cuts out the sound on the CNN app. Hope this helps.

In other words if you double click on the home button, slide all the way to the left on in landscape and make sure the volume isn't muted.

Most reactions

Latest posts