What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cloudftp

Paul Chater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As anyone used the news Cloudftp hyperdrive. If so, is it any good and when is it just for release in the UK

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I am going to move this to the APP section where you should get more attention.

Last edited:

Mollysmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered one from Hypershop in California on 13th April and had it delivered to sunny Lancashire by FedEx on the 16th! It cost me the equivalent of £83.27 (inc. post and packing) but you could get it cheaper if you were prepared to wait a bit longer for delivery.

It has so far proved to be a fantastic piece of kit and fulfilled everything I could have wished for it. I have tried it with USB keys of all sizes as well as a variety of external hard drives. I have been able to send photographs directly to and from my iPad and stream movies and MP3's from one room to another! The only problem I had from the outset was the rather scant instructions provided. As a result It took me quite some time to get the hang of operating it. I have voiced my concerns with the supplier and am awaiting their reply. However, with a little technical nouse and reference to the review on YouTube which can be found by searching for CloudFTP and looking for the video uploaded by zyzienzergling, you should be able to figure it out.

It'll just be my luck though if Apple open up the Camera Connection Kit to bi-directional file transfer in which case there'd be no need to buy the CloudFTP. Can't see that happening in the short term however, fingers crossed!

Gavvy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
That's good I've ordered one yesterday should be here tomorrow...how are you finding the cloud FTP

Mollysmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gavvy,

Sorry it's took me so long to reply. Unfortunately I'm having some real problems with my CloudFTP since I attempted to update its firmware. As I stated in my first post re. this gadget, one of the main problems I have found with it is the truly appalling instructions. I have written to Hypershop in the hope that they will be able to put me right but I suspect I may have 'bricked' it. I sincerely hope you're more computer-literate than I am and that you can get yours to stream movies via 'Good Player'. I have done this successfully but am unable to remember exactly what settings I used sorry.

Gavvy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Yea I've managed to sort it out working brilliant...if anyway I can help let me know I'll try give you some advice

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the 8player app with CloudFTP and it's working fine. I can easily view photos, listen to music albums (nice not to have to play one song at a time!) and watch movies. I'm really liking CloudFTP hooked up to a 2T harddrive!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u2zj31

Gavvy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I"m gunna download it now.im just using a 32 gig flash drive had no problems with it...yea it's a great product it's what the iPads been missing

Most reactions

Latest posts