What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloud problem with contacts....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. I should have mentioned that it would not work with XP.

You could probably sync your contacts through Google instead, but you'll lose the groups if you do.

Yocihope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well I personly dislike using icloud because it's only built in with apple's mac.When you use other computer it become a big trouble. So I simply use itunes or get a iphone to pc transfer to syn my contacts to pc.But this post have taught me a lot so thanks for all the info:eek:

Last edited:

lollismith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, how important is having iCloud on your computer? I am running Windows XP and have found that I can not down load iCloud without a lot of grief. I've viewed several video "how to's" on installing and tweaking iCloud settings to work on XP. But to tell you the truth it is a little daunting for me to do this. I'm not transferring pictures or videos. I can use drop box or Evernote for transferring information files. I see where people transfer contacts, but I don't even use outlook, so am I missing something? Should I study up and do the patchy download of iCloud or give it up?
All thoughts and advice welcome
Lolli

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't see any iCloud features that you need/want to work with your computer, then it is no big deal. While there are some bells and whistles that are difficult to get without iCloud, there is nothing necessary that can't be done by some other means (and sometimes even better).

Most reactions

Latest posts