What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close App gives device hang up

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
from the screen showing open apps you swipe up to close an app. Twice now my device has frozen while doing this and required a reset to activate. iPad Air 2, iOS 8.1. Wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't experienced that with my iPad air 2 at all and I am on 8.1. Sorry. Have you tried to restart your iPad to see if it'll help?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would file this one under the general issues category with gestures and iOS 8.1. Lots of folks have seen occasional weirdness with gestures and things acting a little strangely. I'm pretty confident that these and some other things will be addressed in iOS 8.1.1 which will be out very soon.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
from the screen showing open apps you swipe up to close an app. Twice now my device has frozen while doing this and required a reset to activate. iPad Air 2, iOS 8.1. Wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Hello - cannot add much to the posts already made; for myself, I have not noticed that as a problem on 8.1 (although I usual done close out apps) - just one question, is the problem happening w/ the same app? Also, by 'Reset', I assume you mean using both buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then releasing and allowing the device to reboot - correct? Dave :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello - cannot add much to the posts already made; for myself, I have not noticed that as a problem on 8.1 (although I usual done close out apps) - just one question, is the problem happening w/ the same app? Also, by 'Reset', I assume you mean using both buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then releasing and allowing the device to reboot - correct? Dave :)

Yes, that I show you reset the device.

To the OP: There is a new version of iOS out, 8.1.1 which addresses various bugs and issues. Many people that have upgraded have already seen usability improvements. I suggest getting the latest update and seeing if that corrects issues you are seeing.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Installed 8.1.1. Things seem smoother, will see how it goes!

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lost all audio this AM! Reset Settings brought it back. 8.1.1 issue? Who knows.

Most reactions

Latest posts