What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clipboard management app

woodden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there no app which will allow me to reliably capture a portion of a screen?

The only clipboard app I could find will copy some text, sometimes, but if I tap on a web picture, a "copy" tag appears, I tap this, but the supposedly clipped picture is not available anywhere I can find it, nor can I paste it into any other app.

On a netbook, there are any number of programs allowing me to capture a full screen, partial screen, text, or picture, and save it indefinitely in a databased collection for later view or use.

Anything remotely this good on an Ipad???????? I'm tearing my hair out.

DW

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there no app which will allow me to reliably capture a portion of a screen?

The only clipboard app I could find will copy some text, sometimes, but if I tap on a web picture, a "copy" tag appears, I tap this, but the supposedly clipped picture is not available anywhere I can find it, nor can I paste it into any other app.

On a netbook, there are any number of programs allowing me to capture a full screen, partial screen, text, or picture, and save it indefinitely in a databased collection for later view or use.

Anything remotely this good on an Ipad???????? I'm tearing my hair out.

DW

If you want to capture the entire screen - then hit the Power and Home button briefly at the same time. You'll hear a camera shutter sound and the screen shot will be copied to your 'Photos' app.

If you want to copy some text, press and hold the screen at or about the location of the text that you want to copy. A small magnifying glass will pop up to enable you to locate the cursor more accurately. When you take your finger off the screen you'll get a 'Select' or 'Select All' option. If you chose Select All then all the page will be selected and you'll then be presented with Cut or Copy options.

If you chose 'Select' then, if the cursor was in a word, just that word will be selected. There will be two small vertical bars/pins that appear at either end of the word that you can drag forwards and backwards to select additional words. Dragging these bars takes a bit of practice....

If you tap a picture in Safari then, as you noted, you can copy it. Also there are several other tap/gestures that you can use to select, for example, entire paragraphs at one go.

Anything copied to the clipboard can be pasted into an appropriate place in an app. To paste a picture or text you touch *and hold* the screen for a second until a little 'Paste' pop-up box appears.

Hope this helps....I'm sure other members will contribute all the other gestures that you can use to cut, copy and paste

Tim
Scotland

OP
W

woodden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clipboard tips

thanks; I knew about the total screen capture, which works, if you count saving to a "picture" the same as saving to a clipboard (it doesn't have the same functionality, but I can work around it, I suppose).

And I can copy the odd bit of text here or there. It actually does show up in the "clipboard" app I use. I guess this is good for Ipad---mediocre for any PC application I ever used.

The real issue is copying an image from Safari (or any other brower, Atomic, etc). Usually, I can't even get the "copy" command to come up, by holding, tapping, or any other manueuver. IF it does pop up, and I copy, where does it go? I can't find it in photos, it doesn't show up in the "clipboard" app, and I can't paste it anywhere---at least in ANY application I have, including on outgoing email. It's well and good to give me pointers on tapping and holding, excepting that it plainly doesn't work....

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts