What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clip Board

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The clip board is a "virtual" place. It temporarily holds any item that you "copied" until you "paste" it some where.
I looked for it for a while too :)

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jeeper said:
The clip board is a "virtual" place. It temporarily holds any item that you "copied" until you "paste" it some where.
I looked for it for a while too :)

You know I wondered about that too. Can you see what's on it ? Stuff maybe you didn't paste. Or does it disappear once you use or don't use it.....:-/

Sent from my iPad 3 

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once copied into the clipboard the text/item remains on the clipboard until one of two things happen.

1. Another copy is performed effectively overwriting the previous contents of the clipboard

2. The iPad is power cycled and clipboard is reset.

So you can potentially have something on the clipboard for days, weeks, months if another copy or restart has not been performed.

Displaying the contents of the clipboard is not possible. I cannot speak to a jail broken device where it is entirely likely a tool exists to do so.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Once copied into the clipboard the text/item remains on the clipboard until one of two things happen.

1. Another copy is performed effectively overwriting the previous contents of the clipboard

2. The iPad is power cycled and clipboard is reset.

So you can potentially have something on the clipboard for days, weeks, months if another copy or restart has not been performed.

Displaying the contents of the clipboard is not possible. I cannot speak to a jail broken device where it is entirely likely a tool exists to do so.

That was a great explanation thank you very much.. There is always something to learn :)

Sent from my iPad 3 

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a clipboard app that will save copied items sequentially without needing to open the app each time?

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 16 GB 5.1.1 iOS using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts