What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear plastic wrap of new ipad2 makes good shield

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was about to tear off the clear plastic wrap from my new iPad2 .. But paused and tried to operate it with the wrap still on .. The touch works just fine. I have decided to leave the wrap on for now .. Until I find a highly desirable alternative.

I also bought the smart cover ... But I think it's overpriced. I might return and get some 3rd party alternative.

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be carefull of heat build-up with that plastic on....Ken

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was about to tear off the clear plastic wrap from my new iPad2 .. But paused and tried to operate it with the wrap still on .. The touch works just fine. I have decided to leave the wrap on for now .. Until I find a highly desirable alternative.

I also bought the smart cover ... But I think it's overpriced. I might return and get some 3rd party alternative.

Do you have plastic wrap on your couch as well?

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People can joke but I got the plastic on too. Unless I hand the thing to you, you wouldn't even notice. And keeping that back clean of scratches for now is fine with me. I put tiny slivers of clear tape on the corners to keep the plastic from lifting too. I don't even try to be careful putting this thing down on tables etc.

OP
V

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed the plastic because dust was getting in between it and the screen ... increasing the risk of scratching it.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Do you have plastic wrap on your couch as well?

Ha ha ha!!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not say you "wouldn't notice it" lol. It's thick plastic that I would not want on my nice new iPad 2. :)

Michael

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People can joke but I got the plastic on too. Unless I hand the thing to you, you wouldn't even notice. And keeping that back clean of scratches for now is fine with me. I put tiny slivers of clear tape on the corners to keep the plastic from lifting too. I don't even try to be careful putting this thing down on tables etc.

After seeing my friends first Gen, I realized that the plastic from factory look is not necessary, the aluminum back doesnt scratch like those shiny ipod touches of yesterday year. So Im deplastic. Now I see how rediculous that looked.

CaMaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still "plasticed"... im ok if you judge lol im just waiting on a case..

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my iPad is ever delivered i paln to leave plastic on until i
find a case.

Ceeya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the first one to rip plastic off any device I purchase. I can't stand plastic on new devices.....now that I have stated my pet peeve, I have the plastic still on. I like the look and the protection. You can't even tell it's on.....apple sure changed my thinking...lol

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have hit rock bottom. I am still waiting for my smart cover so while waiting I decided to try my iPad 1 case--the original thin black plastic one from Apple. It actually fits pretty good but good gawd that dull marked up finish is really looking shabby. Think I would have rather had the plastic lol.

Michael

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is Anything else available now other than the smart cover? I go for anything just to protect the back even if I don't like it for now,

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Austinhoyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too got it with plastic ans had to remove it because it was looking untidy.

Most reactions