What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear folders?

OP
Q

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks so much for doing this, it's very kind of you. Could you maybe just explain what SSH is and how I move the file onto my iPad, that would be great :eek:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will need to install OpenSSH on iPad from Cydia as a start, but will have to try an put something together for you later... it's not a quick easy subject... Maybe someone else can chime in in the meantime...

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the jailbroke app that you have running at the top your screen with your IP address and all^

Renzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice thanks hoping for it when jailbreak comes out

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Speaking of SBSettings ... f4780y, what's the name of that SBSettings theme in your picture? Looks pretty nice.

iRetina+ paid theme. You can change the background colour and transparency to anything you like. Very cool so it fits any theme out there...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for doing this, it's very kind of you. Could you maybe just explain what SSH is and how I move the file onto my iPad, that would be great :eek:

OK, I've posted a thread here that you should read - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/28213-introduction-secure-shell-ssh-ipad.html

Once you have the basics, I suggest you use WinSCP to open a connection to your iPad. You should then be able to fine the folder I mentioned in the instructions about my theme and move the download I provided into the "themes.xxxxx" folder on your iPad.

Once the folder has been moved over to the right location, start Winterboard and you will see my theme in the list. Tick it, and your're done!

cleanest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bummer, doesn't work for me

Thanks for uploading that theme. I followed the instructions and turned it on in winterboard and resprung but my folders still aren't clear like in your picture. I'm on an iphone 4 running 4.2.6. I don't have any other winterboard stuff messing with folders but I am running enhancedfolders which makes awesome looking open folders but doesn't have a feature to make clear folder icons on the main screen. Bummer. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it. :)

Cirrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is amazing and works greqat for my iPad. Can you also make it for my iPhone4 please?

Cirrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is amazing and works great for my iPad. Can you also make it for my iPhone4 please?

Yes that's it exactly! How do I do it?

OK, I created a transparent folders theme for you. You can download it from my DropBox at

You need to unzip this file (it has a .theme folder inside), then transfer this folder via SSH to your iPad Themes folder. This can be found at

var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/ where xxxxx is a unique set of letters for your iPad.

Then just go into Winterboard and enable the theme (make sure it is above any other themes which change folders in the list). Presto - Transparent Folders!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts