What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear 4g

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sucks! For unlimited data, at 4G speed, its $45 a month here in Chicago....

I have the AT&T unlimited for $30 but as soon as I get the hotspot I am gone....May be a bit more hassle with having to have the hotspot with me but it looks like its worth it...

They offer nation wide 3G coverage yet wont allow you to sign up unless you live in a 4G coverage area. :(

Just curious, is Clear and Sprint partnered in Chicaga area or is clear the sole 4G provider?

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure but the packages are the same (unlimited 4G/5GB 3G) and Clear is a lot cheaper ($45/month versus Sprint at $55).

I get the hotspot today. Looks like I may be giving up my $30/month unlimited AT&T 3G plan...

That sucks! For unlimited data, at 4G speed, its $45 a month here in Chicago....

I have the AT&T unlimited for $30 but as soon as I get the hotspot I am gone....May be a bit more hassle with having to have the hotspot with me but it looks like its worth it...

They offer nation wide 3G coverage yet wont allow you to sign up unless you live in a 4G coverage area. :(

Just curious, is Clear and Sprint partnered in Chicaga area or is clear the sole 4G provider?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No loss with your ATT plan,,,, you'll love the 4G and your lucky to be within a 4G hot spot.. Still waiting in Sacramento,,, hopefully by end of this year

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sprint is a part owner in Clear, along with Comcast and some others. They always use Sprint towers around the country.

I know that Clear is currently installing approximately 90 sites within the Bay area and Sacramento markets which are not partnered with Sprint. And there are many more thatnare partnered with Sprint. I don't now they have their business partnered but threre difantly seems to be some seperate things going on with each company

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to know from those that currently use it, what speeds are you getting (do a speed test).

Also how is it working with streaming services like Hulu and Netflix.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to know from those that currently use it, what speeds are you getting (do a speed test).

Currently I'm only aware that 4G is only available in four markets. I know of two, Portland and Chicago. San Francisco and Sacramento markets are suppose to launch this year.

OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots more than that....

Here is their coverage link. I was just using it in Vegas.

CLEAR | 4G WiMAX Internet Coverage Map with Service Area.

Currently I'm only aware that 4G is only available in four markets. I know of two, Portland and Chicago. San Francisco and Sacramento markets are suppose to launch this year.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots more than that....

Here is their coverage link. I was just using it in Vegas.

CLEAR | 4G WiMAX Internet Coverage Map with Service Area.

I don't think I would trust this coverage map too much. Many of the areas showing 4G service does no have this service. Sacramento and San Fransisco areas are not up and running yet. I know they are still installing tower sites and getting very close.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
W

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my clear hotspot. Hooked it up and hit 12mbps......

Movies stream like mad!!!!

Bye bye AT&T!!!

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com

Most reactions