What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleanup for ipad

slipknot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ello again folks

Having installed and deleted a few apps and things on my ipad2, is there a good app that can clean up any residual files etc etc just so we keep it nice and tidy?

Thanks in advance as usual.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's really nothing that will clean any residual files from deleting apps (if there is any, by the way). Apple is pretty protective of the "sandboxed" system, so I'm not surprised about that. In addition, the iPad is not like a computer in that you don't do the kind of systemic clean-up you might do every now and then on a PC.

You can, however, use an app to help you clean out the RAM [faster]. A lot of people like to use XSysInfo, which has been updated and provides memory "boosting" (it cleans RAM).

However, cleaning RAM can also be accomplished by either restarting or rebooting the iPad, so it's a toss-up as to whether you want to buy an app to do the same thing.

Last - if you really think you need to "clean up" the iPad, you can always do a restore on it (where you wipe out the operating system, install a clean version and then reload your apps). That's rather drastic for what some would think is an unnecessary step. YMMV.

Hope that helps/makes sense.

Marilyn

OP
S

slipknot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marylyn

Thank you for that very insightful reply.

There's a lot of useful help and information there.

I will checkout the app you have suggested. My pad is running fine but it's nice to know it's not getting clogged up with miscellaneous files and rubbish.

Slipknot

OP
S

slipknot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marylyn.....??

Senile moment.., meant to put Mickey !!!

Perhaps I should stick to an abacus..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts