What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning up Ipad

Larryslade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my first IPad a little while ago. It's a 10.2 8th generation. I want to return it. I've had pc's and tablet's from Kindle and desktop computers, all with Windows operating systems. I can't do anything with the Ipad. My question is, what do I have to do to clean it up? I haven't done much with it. Only a couple of apps. As far as deregistering it, I can't figure out where to do that. I've deregistered Kindle devices, but the Ipad is not in the Content and Devices list. Thanks a lot

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the Settings app, select your name at the top left. At the right, scroll down to sign out.
F6DA9B04-E7C8-450C-A190-B1BCF0B5DB0B.jpeg

After signing out, go to General (at the left). There, select Reset:
E28D960A-5FE9-4A52-BBA5-E108BD03C53B.jpeg

On the next page, choose „Erase all Content and Settings“:
ABFA3642-CEAF-4799-B672-A19B5E5B2F26.jpeg

Follow the instruction to erase the iPad. After completing this, your iPad will be set back to default, without any information or app you‘ve added since you‘ve started using it.

Most reactions

Latest posts