What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning up apps

JWD191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a couple of free apps that I installed for specific events. Now they are no longer needed but I can't get rid of them.
Back up and sync my iPad using my MacPro. But the apps I am having trouble with do not appear in the iTunes window that shows all the other apps - both those currently installed on the iPad, and those that have been removed earlier.
Any solution? Something odd about these apps?
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a couple of free apps that I installed for specific events. Now they are no longer needed but I can't get rid of them.
Back up and sync my iPad using my MacPro. But the apps I am having trouble with do not appear in the iTunes window that shows all the other apps -
both those currently installed on the iPad, and those that have been removed earlier. Any solution?
Something odd about these apps? Thanks
Did you download these apps from the App Store or were they web apps, downloaded from the Internet?

OP
J

JWD191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One for following recent Winter Olympics I'm pretty sure was from the App Store. The other - a guide to the Tucson gem show was probably linked from a e-magazine. It was touted as 'free' but didn't function. When I checked the App Store, I found it cost quite a bit, so I didn't bother with it.

OP
J

JWD191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I mis-spoke in the last post. Clicking on the Tucson icon on my iPad simply takes me to a page ("Library" on the bottom bar) where (presumably) the real guide is shown as available for $9.99.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to Settings>General>usage on your iPad and seeing if those apps appear in the list? If they do, you can delete them by tapping on them, then tapping the delete button on the next page.

You can also delete them by placing your finger on the app icon on the home screen and holding it until the app icons start to wiggle. Then you tap on the X in the upper left corner and confirm your choice in the pop up that appears.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both suggested methods worked. Thank you so much for the help,
I'm glad I could help. Thanks for letting us know the advice worked, it may help the next person with the same problem who searches this forum.

Most reactions