What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning screen question

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I figure if people can't figure out what "slightly damp" means when it comes to electronics, they've got bigger probs than cleaning an iPad screen. But if I were in doubt, I would use no liquid at all. To me, that would be common sense. But again, if people can't figure that out, they've got bigger probs.

By the way, I've use a slightly damp eyeglass cloth for two years on all three iPads that I've owned (one gifted away), and my husband's. No prob. Just a bit of water. That's what I've done with electronics screens for decades.

It's fine for you to figure that, but it's not so fine for Apple to recommend that, because there are some people who really don't get electricity. I don't use any water on my at all and that's fine too.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's fine for you to figure that, but it's not so fine for Apple to recommend that, because there are some people who really don't get electricity. I don't use any water on my at all and that's fine too.

It appears to be fine for Apple, because they've recommended it for years. If not, some doofus and his ambulance-chasing lawyer would take a crack.

Use whatever works for you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It appears to be fine for Apple, because they've recommended it for years. If not, some doofus and his ambulance-chasing lawyer would take a crack.

Use whatever works for you.

True, but it could be the doofus squad just hasn't thought of it yet. :)

skarpsill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My glasses are a lot cleaner since I got my iPad :)
They share the same cloth.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Swipe Sidekick from Lenspen. Works like magic. No liquids.

f7f908b2.jpg

a2664cdc.jpg

Sidekick from LensPen

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damp cloth for me also, use it on both my 3d pc monitors, laptops and led tv, have done for years, nothing comes close tbh.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damp cloth, or you can ruin the display. KISS keep it simple sir

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
imnparadise said:
Use a pair of clean white mens cotton underware. It works wonders for smudges, etc, just blow your breath are troublesome spots and wipe.

Blast! If it's not one thing it's another. I tried to follow these instructions but when I did find some clean ones they where not white. And not sure if they were cotton. But the worst part was, even though they had no troublesome spots I just kept blowing my breath onto them as hard as I could but their cleaning ability when applied to the screen was mediocre at best. Oh well! Maybe if they were not men's. ... Never mind.
The OB

Most reactions