What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning Micro Fiber Side of Smart Cover?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, a tip for not getting the microfiber dirty in the first place is to fold the cover in the opposite direction from that shown in the Apple advertisement. In other words, leaving the leather on the outside rather than on the inside. After adopting this practice, I find that my Smart Cover seldom leaves the streaks on the screen that it used to. I've never really cleaned mine though, and use a stylus 80% of the time.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used woolite foam rug cleaner on my expensive leather purses to get stains off of it with very good success. Not any rubbing required. Wonder if that would work,

buttrpecan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, i thought the smart cover was supposed to be folded so that the leather is on the outside in the first place. It only makes sense to protect the integrity of the side that actually touches the screen before the outside of the cover....dontcha think? I obviously wasnt paying attention to the commercial very well either.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buttrpecan1 said:
Wow, i thought the smart cover was supposed to be folded so that the leather is on the outside in the first place. It only makes sense to protect the integrity of the side that actually touches the screen before the outside of the cover....dontcha think? I obviously wasnt paying attention to the commercial very well either.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Yes, it does make sense. But, I've seen many people folding it in the nonsensical way...

Ric Clarke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ricclarke.zenfolio.com
In addition, when hand holding, it makes sense to fold the cover in half, exposing only the outside. Not fully across the back (as a lot of people do) which leaves the microfiber side fully exposed.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ric Clarke said:
In addition, when hand holding, it makes sense to fold the cover in half, exposing only the outside. Not fully across the back (as a lot of people do) which leaves the microfiber side fully exposed.

Good one. Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Ric - had not given that suggestion a try but just did and feels comfortable - will see how that position works for me in the next few days - thanks! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts