What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning iPad screen

nailgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know the screen repels oils from fingers etc but I would like to actually clean it to kinda sanitize it. Could I use alcohol on it?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Baby wipes work well.

I know, I know, someone will jump in and tell me it's wrong, I'll go blind and my wife will have kittens etc., but they work well, both on the screen and on the apple case, and crayons on the windows and baby's bums et al..

Just don't get any liquid down the home button.

markk100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be prudent to use something along the lines of the Monster cleaning brand cleaner? As if it were a plasma screen?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A dry microfiber towel works well. Sometimes i'll use the mist from an ammonia/alcohol free glass cleaner but you need to be careful, don't do this very often. The screen has a protected fused over it and it can wear off with continual use of cleaners. Stay away from ammonia, alcohol citrus and other chemical cleaners. Ha ha, that doesn't leave much other than plan ole water :p

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my new glasses the store gave me a microfibre cleaning cloth and a bottle of lens cleaner.

I spray a little on the cloth and wipe. Once a day with the fluid. Same cloth without fluid at random intervals when the smudges start to bug me.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several microwave cloths for my camera lenses and find using them dry works fine. I keep one on hand and so far haven't had to use it damp. I read somewhere, perhaps in the manual, to turn the Ipad completely off when using damp cloth. That means holding the sleep button for 4 seconds or so and then sliding the off slider when it appears in the screen.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything sticky on the screen gets loosened with a damp, worn ScotchBrite pad and gentle pressure, then dried with a soft towel and polished with a microfiber cloth. I really try not to get anything sticky on the screen but hey, it's happened. If the screen is only dusty, I'll pass a Swiffer over it before the microfiber cloth

Universal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple regional rep recommended the Monster cleaner and microfiber cloth that Best Buy sells and it works well for me.

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use a drop of rubbing alcohol solution (goo gone) with a piece of tissue paper or microfiber cloth and all the smears come right off.

Most reactions