What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clean update but Stuck in Recovery loop

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive got a ipad 2 wifi + 3G FW 4.3.5, it seems that what i do still error 1013 pops out and i got stuck in recovery loop.. i tried so many things like editing the Hosts file for Win7 or OSX.. using tinyumbrella etc. still it wont make a complete restore. i also used 4 computer ( hp win7, MBpro, MBWhite, and Mac mini) still error 1013 pops out and fix recovery 4.3 doesnt work, even recboot.. please help me with this. thanks in advance

eobwiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the iPad 1G. No matter how many tutorials or forums i read the " Connect to iTunes" symbol appears around every corner. Can yo help me get myself out of this nightmare, iTunes is the nightmare i'm referring to. The error code i'm having trouble with is 3149.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks alot rich .. but i tried some of those but it doesn't hurt to try again for the 50+ time ahahha im going crazy with this..

OP
Y

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@eobwiz the first error for me is 3149 then after i bypass that error, 1013 is next.. and i havent get pass through that error ever since..

OP
Y

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple must fix this bug or what ever the prob with their system.. its a clean restore.. there shouldnt been any errors right?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are your iPads JB? If so I can move this to the iPad Hacking section (where you'll probably get more/better responses) and leave a redirect in the Help area.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the iPad 1G. No matter how many tutorials or forums i read the " Connect to iTunes" symbol appears around every corner. Can yo help me get myself out of this nightmare, iTunes is the nightmare i'm referring to. The error code i'm having trouble with is 3149.
FWIW if you Google "iPad Error 3149" there are all sorts of answers and suggestions...including a video.

OP
Y

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich no sir. i never JB my ipad 2.. that is why it bothers me alot to have those errors

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich no sir. i never JB my ipad 2.. that is why it bothers me alot to have those errors
Okay, got it. The only other thing I've seen folks do is to delete their current backup (became corrupted) and then try to resync.

Open iTunes (without connecting your iPad). Click on iTunes > Preferences (top tool bar) > Devices. Click on the iPad in question’s backup and click the “Delete Backup” button. Then connect your iPad once again and see how it goes. More here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4079

Last edited:
OP
Y

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich, sir still i encounter error 1013.. i didnt get the chance to back up my idevice because during restoration process it goes to the recovery loop..

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts