Clamcase = Scam?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by ipadfanatic, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    There have been some serious problems with the company Clamcase (the all-in-one keyboard case). Massive delays, poor communication, and poor customer service is how I describe this company.

I have been emailing them about my orders (yes I ordered two clamcases) that I placed back on January 21st. When they ordered they said they would be shipping sometime in Winter 2011 so hey that's fine but then a few days ago they charged both of my credit cards so I figured they must be shipping.

Checked my accound the orders still show as processing so of course I opened a help desk ticket and finally got a response back today.

"We greatly apologize for the huge delay in the shipping process. We began having issues due to a manufacturing problem that is now fully resolved, but caused the initial delay in shipments which has been fully resolved. We were battling Mother Nature, as our manufacturing and shipping facility is located in Houston, Texas, and they had been experiencing inclement weather.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will be doing everything in our power to get these shipments out now that the weather has cleared and we have been able to ship units.
    This should ship late February, first week of March.
    Thank you for all you support and patience,
    Jason?"

Now read their response carefully and let me know if you see anything wrong with it (besides the fact they took my money :)

Now I see that some (very few it seems) have received their product and the reviews have been good and bad. So is Clamcase scamming people (using money they charge to pay for production of units and then repeating the process) or is it just poor management?

2. iPadPil

iPadPil
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's why I am not buying from a company which introduces a new hot product. Wait until the dust settles and if I need it I will ask the ones who bought about their opinion.
    Sorry, to hear your horror story. Usually legit companies charge credit cards when the product(s) are shipped. Talk to your credit card company before it is too late. My two cents. Good luck.

3. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have already contacted my credit card company. Also for those interested seems there will more competition in the future.

Adonit Writer: iPad Case + Keyboard by Kris Perpich — Kickstarter

4. diyrev0

diyrev0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ya, I think I got scammed.

5. Wingr

Wingr
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Perhaps they didn't handle their manufacturing start up very well or maybe even their initial communications. I wanted a keyboard that had the cursor keys and the additional function keys. I also wanted a case that had a bit more protection and didn't require any type of protectors or any other additional coverings, nor would let the iPad fall out of it.

So after ordering back on 12/27, I waited to see what would happen. I emailed them 3 times to see where they were at, once at the end of January and twice in February. All 3 times I received an answer and real enough sounding apologies within hours or by the next business day. They offered to reimburse me if I didn't want to wait. I figured I would continue to wait since no other current product matched my requirements.

Glad I waited. I received notice last Thursday mine was shipping and it arrived yesterday. Works as promised and I haven't found any issues with it over the last 36 hours.

6. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Well, I don't know if over-eager buyers have themselves partly to blame as well...

7. xaggie95

xaggie95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My Card Just Got Charged

Though I put in the order in January. I'll give it a week or so before i get worried.

8. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just a quick update. The finally responsed to my support ticket as reversed the charges so I got my money back (at least one account so far). I may contact makers of the Crux360 case and see when they can ship (last time I checked their website it was 30-40 days).

9. xaggie95

xaggie95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I received the Clamcase last week...Pretty pleased with the product.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just got my ClamCase two days ago. I like it alot. Works great, no issues so far. It was worth the wait.