What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cla

cholmes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Motorola Verizon Droid 2.2 phone. Also own a iPad with WiFi only. I want to wirelessly tether my Droid to the iPad to use online when away from wifi sites.

I have read all kinds of confusing info on this and lots of warnings about the phone becoming a brick.

Can this modification be done. I know nothing about jailbreaking, rooting, etc.

Any simple advise for the common folk?

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It can be done but it is a bit harder since you are running 2.2. Here is some info about the root. This particular guide recommends downgrading to 2.1 in order to root.

Droid 2.2 – The future - Unstable Apps

As with any modification you want to proceed with caution. I had no issues with rooting my droid but you want to be careful not to tamper with the phone as you are going through the rooting process. I also have a wifi only ipad and get decent connection speeds when tethering.

On another note your ipad does not have to be jailbroken in order to tether. It will connect just like it is connecting to any wifi hotspot. Although if you are wanting to get into customizing your ipad jailbreaking is the way to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts