What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Citrix error

sidr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to run Windows on Ipad 4.
However I'm getting an error "Resource Unavailable. Server is currently unavailable.", after installing Citrix Receiver on Ipad 4, then clicking on "WWco Desktop", and progress bar getting about 1/4 done.
Any advice?
Sid

OP
S

sidr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So
and
are fake?

Last edited by a moderator:

MattDean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I literally have no idea why you would even want to run Windows on an iPad.

Considering that iOS is designed to work flawlessly with the hardware available to it on an iPad, messing about with the OS is plain and simple asking for trouble.

OP
S

sidr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very good reason for running windows on an iPad.
I have Windows software (written in Clipper, and converted to Win 32-bit with xHarbour).
Instead of having to learn a new language (for iPad... assuming it is even compatible and able to do what my Clipper code did), and then rewrite 1000's of lines of code... I just want to emulate Windows so my users (some with iPads) can run my software.

So I re-ask...

If Moonlit is correct with "You'll never get Windows on an iPad", then are...
and
fakes?

Thanks, Sid

Last edited by a moderator:

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sidr said:
I have a very good reason for running windows on an iPad.
I have Windows software (written in Clipper, and converted to Win 32-bit with xHarbour).
Instead of having to learn a new language (for iPad... assuming it is even compatible and able to do what my Clipper code did), and then rewrite 1000's of lines of code... I just want to emulate Windows so my users (some with iPads) can run my software.

So I re-ask...

If Moonlit is correct with "You'll never get Windows on an iPad", then are...
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXVZpgg0qCw
and
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGcTBPrvqxg
fakes?

Thanks, Sid

Yes it is fake that is not an ipad.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is fake that is not an ipad.

I'm not really too fussed about any of this as I also have a windows PC and can't see why I would need it on my iPad. But after watching that video I'm just a bit intrigued. Can you say why that is not an iPad?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Citrix Receiver is not Windows. What it is is a remote login app like Splashtop or Logmein; it's virtual desktop. Actually, it's more like the iSwifter app that makes it appear as if you iPad is running Flash when all you are doing is accessing the iSwifter servers that are streaming the video(s) to you (Splashtop and Logmein allow you to access your own computer to act as a server).

You use the app to access the app developer's servers. Then, the servers do the "work" of getting to your "stuff" that needs to be run on Windows.

The iPad is still running iOS. it's the app that allows a[n Internet] connection to a machine that can run Windows and delivers the content to you for editing.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
S

sidr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.
If you google on "windows on ipad" there are many matches, but all must be fakes.
Pity, I would like my users with iPads to be able to emulate Windows to install/run my Windows software... but not to be.
Thanks again.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll never get Windows on an iPad.

I am going to be ditching windows soon w a Mac. Maybe run it in addition to Mac but that's about it lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I am going to be ditching windows soon w a Mac. Maybe run it in addition to Mac but that's about it lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

I plan to dual-boot my Mac soon, but just to play The Sims 3. Everything else is flawless. :) even then, the Sims not running properly is not the Mac's fault, it's Transgaming's issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts