What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cinexplayer

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had installed Cinexplayer when it first came out and was not impressed. I downloaded 5 or 6 .avi/xvid files and only one would play. The recent update has greatly improved it. However, I also recently installed ZumoCast and really like it. Not only will it play all my .avi files, it streams them directly from my desktop. You can also use it to download files to your iPad, although I have not yet done so to see how long it takes.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like now cinexplayer is $3.99.

I have several files that have the .divx extension. I know by changing the extension to .avi, they'll play like normal.

I've tried converting these files to .mp4 and imported them into iTunes. They play fine there. But when I try to transfer them to my iPad, I get the error message saying transferring has stopped because the file will not play on my iPad.

I've converted several times trying to tweak the output settings, but nothing works.

Will Cinexplayer be able to play these files on my iPad?

pollarddeborah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need Help

I downloaded the Cinexplayer and everything appeared fine. When I click to play to app crashes and goes to my home screen. Any suggestions?

mattdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how this performs through an AV composite cable? I tried it the other day and although the AVI was playing fine on my iPad itself, the feed through to the TV was very, very choppy, almost unwatchably so. I don't have an "official" apple cable, so I'm wondering whether it's the cable, or whether it's the software.

mora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the cinexplayer - no longer free!
Some videos needed conversion to be played (gom encoder works great, has preset settings for ipads).
The problem is that after a couple of days the player no longer opens them, although they were running fine.
Does that sound familiar?

Most reactions

Latest posts