What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cinex and Dropbox

Laurenmail

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am having trouble using Cinex and Dropbox. I am having someone send me videos to my Dropbox, but even though I am linked into Cinex, they don't show up there. Is there a way I can transfer them from my Dropbox file to my cinex player, both being on my iPad and not using my main computer?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Check to see that the movie extension is accepted with both Dropbox and Cinex? See the following below, this is directly from the Dropbox site:

Native file types
There are a number of file formats that can be opened natively on the iPad by simply selecting the file from the file browser. You can view these in the Dropbox app by simply tapping them from the primary Dropbox tab.

Images (.jpg, .tiff, .gif)
Music (.mp3, .aiff, .m4a, .wav)
Movies (.mov, .mp4, .m4v)
Microsoft Word documents (.doc, .docx)
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
Adobe PDF (.pdf)
Keynote presentations (.key)
Pages documents (.pages)
Numbers spreadsheets (.numbers)
Web pages (.htm, .html)
Text and rich-text files (.txt, .rtf, and many more)

OP
L

Laurenmail

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much ski monkey. I'm sorry it took so long, I was away. Got it all worked out and I'm good to go!

Most reactions