What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome on iPad

mmaguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone find the Chrome app on the ipad a bit buggy? I like it because you can search from the address bar and has some nice features, but sometimes it can't load some items on pages or just freezes up.

Anyone else out there finding this problem??

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I usually like Chrome............but on the iPad 3 I found the stock Safari browser to work quite well and have stuck with it. Very fast and not buggy......

OP
mmaguy

mmaguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya...that's what I am finding too. I am sure google will work on this, chrome for iOS is still pretty new.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use it every day on new iPad, iPhone 5, and Macs. Love it. No comparison at all with Safari, much faster than Safari.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it all the time on my iPad and haven't had any issues at all. Perhaps you were experiencing intermittent wifi or Internet issues.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find Safari on my iPad does pretty much everything I want. However, on my iPhone I have Chrome and use it a lot. I like the ability to request the full desktop site when there is no on screen option to do so like on MLB.com.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No comparison at all with Safari, much faster than Safari.

Hummm, not quite sure how that's possible..........Safari has zero delay in responding on most sites I visit.
Definitely not my experience.

I don't fix what isn't broken.... :thumbs:

Last edited:

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
This is why Mobile Safari is quicker than google chrome for iOS.

Mobile Safari, the default browser in iOS, uses a Javascript engine called Nitro, which in turn uses a technology called "just-in-time" compilation, or JIT, to execute scripts more quickly. JIT makes Nitro faster, and Nitro makes Mobile Safari faster. This is great, if you're using Mobile Safari.

But other apps that want to include a browser function, be they Facebook or an actual alternative browser like Chrome, don't get Nitro. And developers can't use their own engines, either. For security reasons, the browser developers get to use in their apps is a variant of an older, pre-Nitro version, called UIWebView.

jwatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ +1. Therefore, don't believe those who say that Chrome, or any other browser for that matter, is faster than Safari on their iOS devices. It's just not possible.

P.S. I love it when you catch people on a lie.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
I find Safari on my iPad does pretty much everything I want. However, on my iPhone I have Chrome and use it a lot. I like the ability to request the full desktop site when there is no on screen option to do so like on MLB.com.

MLB.com...I am sure you are watching the tigers New York game, yes. :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
^ +1. Therefore, don't believe those who say that Chrome, or any other browser for that matter, is faster than Safari on their iOS devices. It's just not possible.

Thanks for the 2 above posts.....
I knew Safari was lightening fast and much better than Chrome on the iPad......just nice to hear the facts to support it! :thumbs:
Thanks...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a look at Chrome, as I use it exclusively on the PC. It was OK, but then I bought an AirPrint printer, went for the print button, found there wasn't one and scuttled back to Safari. Chrome sits there unused on the springboard now.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I doubt if you have caught anyone in a "lie" that you can gloat about catching them. You would be hard put to prove that and in any case, in my opinion, they have every right to express their observations and their beliefs (or like you their non-beliefs).
I've used Chrome on my PC and it's not bad. On the iPad I find Safari very fast and easy to use and thanks to Darkstar's contribution now have a better understanding why. So we can both enjoy our use of Safari, eh?
Regards, Andrerw

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts