What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome installed, but not showing??

warkman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, Just got my new 32Gb cellular 4th gen. Have loaded through iTunes 11 my programmes, but with a few I am having a strange problem. Take for example, Chrome browser. It is showing in iTunes as installed, and also in the settings on the ipad Chrome shows, but there is no icon anywhere, I have even tried in itunes dragging it to the ipad, which it does but then does not stay on the tablet screen. In apps, it shows greyed out in the store for downloading. Am I missing something? TIA

Crpngdth2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it on another "page" on the iPad? Dumb question, I know, but did you scroll through the potential pages you may have side-to-side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
W

warkman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have checked all of the pages.I have removed Chrome from my ipad, and from my apps file in iTunes, then redownloaded it. When downloading it shows on the second page of the ipad (in iTunes ) but when I look on the pad or go back to the iTunes its gone BUT it is showing as installed ? Is it possible that Chrome does not work on 4th gen as it does load on iPad 3???

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine on my iPad 4.

Is there a reason you can't just delete and rebuy Chrome from your iPad?

OP
W

warkman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, in the end the only way to get Chrome and a couple of other apps onto the tablet and stay there was to wipe the pad and start again. Now Chrome and 4OD are showing.Bloody Apple :-(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, in the end the only way to get Chrome and a couple of other apps onto the tablet and stay there was to wipe the pad and start again. Now Chrome and 4OD are showing.Bloody Apple :-(

Strange. Every time I get a new iDevice, I just use the backup from a previous iDevice, do a restore and all my apps have copied over without probs.

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange. Every time I get a new iDevice, I just use the backup from a previous iDevice, do a restore and all my apps have copied over without probs.

I have the ipad4 and just bought the mini. Can I backup the mini with the previous ipad4 backup to have all my apps on both ipads?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the ipad4 and just bought the mini. Can I backup the mini with the previous ipad4 backup to have all my apps on both ipads?

Yes.....I asked this very question to Apple when thinking of getting a Mini for my wife.

Most reactions

Latest posts