What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Browser

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
michali said:
Got it at last! Quite fun navigating it. Like the sync with desktop aspect.

so far the reviews for it are horrible:(

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so far the reviews for it are horrible:(

I would imagine there will be many issues to be worked out to satisfy some. I remember when the Gmail app was released, they had to pull it the same day because of so many issues. So far Chrome has been working great for what I want it for.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works ok for me on my ipad. As expected the Android version blows it away,but that has to do with the OS (or more accurately, how iOS is more locked down, so Google can't give the full functionality).

I just really wanted my bookmarks to sync between devices, something I had to previously use the paid version of XMarks for, which also forced me to use Safari (ewwww...gross). And of course it didn't sync my open tabs across devices and stuff like Chrome does. Granted XMarks was only $12 a year, but still...12 bucks is 12 bucks that I don't have to pay anymore.

Too bad Apple's restrictions are crippling Chrome. Well, 'crippling' is too strong a term, but it's not as good as it could be, and not nearly as good as it is on Android. Oh well...

DimKamen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Chrome when I'm at the desk. It's probably the best browser around at the moment IMO.

That said I don't really feel the need to use it on my iPad. There's nothing it'll do for me that the Safari browser won't. Maybe bookmark syncing or something I guess but that's not much of a deal for me.

Most reactions