What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choose file issue

Dirtymind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i have THE following problem with my iPad. I use it to work on my website and all. When I try to add a picture I can choose a file on my disk on a normal Mac or pc but when I try this on the iPad the button is not available which is pretty strange. The I pad has stuff on it but it seems not to be able to access this from your browser as you could on a normal pc.

Is there a solution or app that can solve this issue for me?

Also is there an app that let's make folders and browse them just as you would on your pc?

Thanks

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad doesbnot allow file uploadsbin the way you would expect from computer use. We can not browse to a file to attach or upload unless the app itself has the feature.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MobileMe

Is the Apple solution. You have to enroll to use this solution via Apple.com. You can try it for free for 60 days. This gives you several benefits: A 10gig website storage system, it gives you the ability to find a lost iPad (and wipe it out if it has fallen into evil hands), it gives you the ability to share photographs with friends and family, email, calendar, contacts-- allows you to sync to your computer, iPad and other stuff.

Staying with the example of photos, once you have a MobileMe account, you can go to the photos app, pick a photo, and in the upper right corner of your screen there is a little send symbol, tap that symbol, and you will have the option to mail it, send it to MobileMe, etc. Tap MobileMe and you get a file that allows you to title the photo and then tap publish. Your photo is available on the me.com website. You can then invite someone to view the photo via me.com. I would presume you could go to the me.com website and move the same photo to another website.

The downside? It costs US$99.00 per year.

Here is a link: http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok i have THE following problem with my iPad. I use it to work on my website and all. When I try to add a picture I can choose a file on my disk on a normal Mac or pc but when I try this on the iPad the button is not available which is pretty strange. The I pad has stuff on it but it seems not to be able to access this from your browser as you could on a normal pc.

Is there a solution or app that can solve this issue for me?

Also is there an app that let's make folders and browse them just as you would on your pc?

Thanks

I use PhotoBucket and link to the images. DropBox to link to files, and GoodReader for general "My Documents".

Oh, and what web provider do you use? Lots of them have their own apps.

OP
D

Dirtymind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i have my ipad connected to my home network and when i am on the road i conect it to my vodafone 3g network.

I mainly want to setup an system where i can do a fair bit of blogging and maintain my web sites. I have a hard time right now to find the right tools and the main issue is that i can't upload the images on a site. Which i find very strange as you are able to download image and save them, open them to edit them and more, but you can't upload them is beyond me.

Most reactions

Latest posts