What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese Youth Sells Kidney to Afford iPad 2

AdAbro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wooow! That kids very brave and Stupid!!!! There's a thing called a JOB!
GET ONE!!

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...smells like Apple propaganda at work...
I wouldn't put it past the fruities, you know, drumming up this story to use some sort of psychological marketing trick on us.

Although If it was true, that he sold the kidney, then I want the number for iPad's marketing department in China! Scary people! :O

A sad, sad day indeed. *Scratches Beard*

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOW; and I'm not talking World of Warcraft.
People do desperate and foolish things everyday. I am not surprised.

Via my iPad 1

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fr0st said:
I wouldn't put it past the fruities, you know, drumming up this story to use some sort of psychological marketing trick on us.

Although If it was true, that he sold the kidney, then I want the number for iPad's marketing department in China! Scary people! :O

Please stop this crappy conspirasory theory, i know our media can be wrong at times but a story like this is not fabricated as you insinuate. The kid sold his kidney for money, then went and bought an ipad he so desperatly wanted, and still had cash left over. How is apple to blame for such a customer, this is not an every day thing but a one off. And what are you going to tell the ipads marketing dept when you call them, that they are some how responsible. You should seek the contact details of the boys parents and family and talk to them instead. Blaming apple for making a desirable product is not a crime, the boys parents on the other hand are responsible given he is under age, as well as the clinics and doctors who did the operation, paid him and then got paid for profit when they sold his kidneys. Say instead of apple ipad, he bought a nintendo, or bose stereo etc, where does the blame end then 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fr0st said:

Please stop this crappy conspirasory theory, i know our media can be wrong at times but a story like this is not fabricated as you insinuate. The kid sold his kidney for money, then went and bought an ipad he so desperatly wanted, and still had cash left over. How is apple to blame for such a customer, this is not an every day thing but a one off. And what are you going to tell the ipads marketing dept when you call them, that they are some how responsible. You should seek the contact details of the boys parents and family and talk to them instead. Blaming apple for making a desirable product is not a crime, the boys parents on the other hand are responsible given he is under age, as well as the clinics and doctors who did the operation, paid him and then got paid for profit when they sold his kidneys. Say instead of apple ipad, he bought a nintendo, or bose stereo etc, where does the blame end then 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

I think you failed to grasp the sarcasm in my post, but that ok. Sarcasm doesn't translate well into text format...

Oh and I just wanted to point one thing out, I'm a marketing student. The reason why I said I wanted their China decision was to congratulate them on applying Maslow's in such a way. I don't expect you to understand marketing jokes, but please send your grief to somewhere else...:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs Just in case you wanted to check it out.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd have asked for more money and got a new 15" MacBook pro too.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Problem is, china is on the whole a poor country, lots of countries have factories in china, simply because of cheap wages. Lots of people there will do a lot of crazy, stupid stuff just for money.

Look at where your ipad/iphone was made, heck look at where most of your electrical equipment is made from.....

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Most reactions

Latest posts