What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Child Lock for Video?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my grandson is here I'd like to play some children's videos for him, but he's 15 months and likes to touch the screen. Is there a "lock" I can set while showing movies & videos to keep the iPad task focused?

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You, Just what I was looking for.

pcounty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have created an App for this too, it's called "ToddlerVision" and is available on the app store for iphone / Ipad.
I created it because my 2 year old daughter kept touching the screen as well.

Once you press play on a video, it needs a special key combination to unlock the screen again so only parents can unlock it. It also has a really handy feature for continuously playing youtube search results so you can search for Nursery Rhymes and then have the app play back the whole list without having to keep selecting the next one...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toddlervision-child-screen/id569858069?mt=8

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts