What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking in from Washington State.

Bill Betten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to the forum, new iPad 2 user.
2 years ago I bought my daughter this iPad 2 (WiFi)
Fast forward to this summer, she dropped the iPad and shattered the digitizer, but the screen was still viewable. We stuck it in a closet & basically forgot about it. 2 nights ago I dragged it out & fired it up. I had a hotspot & for whatever reason I made the Software update and the next thing you know I was prompted to connect to iTunes. I brought it to a independent Apple repair shop & was instructed they would have to do a clean installation of the newest version of iOS, which shows as 7.0.3.
I am not sure if my daughter had her pictures backed up on iCLOUD or even if that was possible?
So now I am letting the battery recharge & learning about this forum.
After I get the digitizer replaced, I may utilize this in my semi-truck & give her my laptop :)
I have 2 questions to start if possible.
Can someone gives my feedback on the Griffen Cases?
Is anyone familiar with a iPad mount called Caddie Buddy? They have created a nice looking mount for iPads that would appear to suit my needs for mobile mount.
Any input would be appreciated!
Bill.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bill Betten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Griffin case I am looking at, is the Survivor.

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Bill!

I have no experience with either accessory that you are asking about but I am sure someone will probably have some insight...good luck!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to iPF and hope you have a happy time here.
I have none of the products you are talking about but this is what my inference is from the internet. However, the feedback of anyone who has actually used the product is the most valuable.
GRIFFIN CASES : There are 3 options for iPad 2 :
1. SURVIVOR CUSTOM CASE : $79.99 - seems good to me with good protection.
2. SURVIVOR (The original, not custom case) : $79.99. Almost like the original iPad case by Apple, with a thicker boundary and a stand.
3. ELAN FOLIO SLIM : $39.99 - Same as original iPad case by Apple, with better stability on stand. I mean that this case offers greater angle of inclination from the horizontal plane.
CADDIE BUDDY iPad MOUNT - Its like any other mount, I dont know if there is any other hidden feature.

ALL THE MATERIAL IS BASED ONLY ON WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT THE PRODUCTS BY SEEING THEM.

Most reactions

Latest posts