What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking activated itunes card

sexycdn2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K so my question is that I bought a $100 iTunes card for cheaper off Kijiji and it's still attached the way it's bought but want to scan with my iPhone 5 the code to be sure it's for sure there and yes even activated but don't want to add it as it's a gift for my son for Christmas that will go along nicely with his 'Santa' gift of a iPad 2 (he's 12).......is this possible? I am wondering is there a confirmation step so when that pops up saying yes there is $100 on it would you like to add it on, I can then hit cancel? Any help is appreciated :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way to check the balance of a gift card, without redeeming it, on the iPad. You will have to wait until Christmas to see the amount of the gift card, and if the code is working (which it usually does).

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
K so my question is that I bought a $100 iTunes card for cheaper off Kijiji and it's still attached the way it's bought but want to scan with my iPhone 5 the code to be sure it's for sure there and yes even activated but don't want to add it as it's a gift for my son for Christmas that will go along nicely with his 'Santa' gift of a iPad 2 (he's 12).......is this possible? I am wondering is there a confirmation step so when that pops up saying yes there is $100 on it would you like to add it on, I can then hit cancel? Any help is appreciated :)

If it is a $100 card then that is how much is on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts