What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheapo screen protector actually works great for iPad 2

felixhelix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a Cygnett Screen Protector at a local Frys for $7.99. The quality is good enough for the price and I'm quite satisfied with it. It works well indoors and glare from lighting is minimal. You can see the video on youtube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSitk6XCKM"]YouTube - Indoor test of iPad 2 using Cygnett Screen protector[/ame]

Last edited:

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I am now considering buying this screen protector. I just cant see myself spending 30 on only 1 protector like powersupport, even though their product is amazing quality.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:
Hi both me and my brother have theses for the price they are great easy to put on well here is more info
6 x FILM LCD SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR APPLE IPAD 2 on eBay (end time 31-May-11 12:42:24 BST)

Please let me know if you buy any and write here what you think of them.
Dont worry im not the seller for this item.

Nice to see a recommendation for a UK item.

I tried a Bodyguardz screen protector, but found it very grabby. I had the same issue with a freebie I received with one of my cases. Does your one feel like the original glass and is it nice and smooth?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah feels smooth well it feels like I ain't got one on my iPad 2 well worth the price please let me know if you any

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:
Yeah feels smooth well it feels like I ain't got one on my iPad 2 well worth the price please let me know if you any

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Thanks for the info :)

Veritas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought some cheapos as well. They are on the way to me. I've always used cheap ones and never had an issue.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:
Hi both me and my brother have theses for the price they are great easy to put on well here is more info
6 x FILM LCD SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR APPLE IPAD 2 on eBay (end time 31-May-11 12:42:24 BST)

Please let me know if you buy any and write here what you think of them.
Dont worry im not the seller for this item.

I have just received mine and I have to agree they are great.

Unfortunately I wasted 2 as dust got under them I couldn't get rid, but that's no fault of the product. The 3rd one went on perfectly with hardly any bubbles, but I got rid of the easily.

The end result is perfect and virtually undetectable and feels 99.99999999999999999% like the naked screen

£4.99 for 6 is an absolute bargain, thanks for the link!!!

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
I have just received mine and I have to agree they are great.

Unfortunately I wasted 2 as dust got under them I couldn't get rid, but that's no fault of the product. The 3rd one went on perfectly with hardly any bubbles, but I got rid of the easily.

The end result is perfect and virtually undetectable and feels 99.99999999999999999% like the naked screen

£4.99 for 6 is an absolute bargain, thanks for the link!!!

I'm glad your happy with them I'm going to buy more they are worth the money

Sent from my iPad2 in Somerset

ahoward1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
felixhelix said:
I purchased a Cygnett Screen Protector at a local Frys for $7.99. The quality is good enough for the price and I'm quite satisfied with it. It works well indoors and glare from lighting is minimal. You can see the video on youtube: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSitk6XCKM

Upon your review, I decided to take a stab at the cygnett ant-glare screen protector. I'm really impressed, and for $7.99, you can't beat it. Screen's protected, glare and smudges reduced, and my pocket book isn't depleted....works for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts