What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper iPad 4 lightning camera connector

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a cheaper lightning camera connector to use with my new ipad 4. These things are usually all over eBay but I haven't found any? I've seen the USB ones for ipad 1-3 and the lightning adapter but no camera connectors?
I mean £25-£30 from apple is a little steep for a cable so was hoping for a cheaper option.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Aaron stone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't bumb over topics according to rule no.4.3 u should give 48 hours of time to people

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nickmeister said:
Hi, I'm looking for a cheaper lightning camera connector to use with my new ipad 4. These things are usually all over eBay but I haven't found any? I've seen the USB ones for ipad 1-3 and the lightning adapter but no camera connectors?
I mean £25-£30 from apple is a little steep for a cable so was hoping for a cheaper option.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Not many third party suppliers have produced the cords yet, possibly because of the authentication chip in each lightning connector.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, I've seen the lightning dock adapters which allow you to plug in USB would this enable me to sync my digital camera

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following on from above, I've seen a 5 in 1 device that syncs photo, hdmi, audio, card reader which works with iPad 1,2,3 but not 4 as there's no lightning connector. Would it be possible to attach the regular lightning dock adapter to the iPad 4 then attach the 5 in 1 device into that then sync my digital camera via USB or card reader?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nickmeister said:
Following on from above, I've seen a 5 in 1 device that syncs photo, hdmi, audio, card reader which works with iPad 1,2,3 but not 4 as there's no lightning connector. Would it be possible to attach the regular lightning dock adapter to the iPad 4 then attach the 5 in 1 device into that then sync my digital camera via USB or card reader?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Most reactions