What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charley4

charley4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Wales UK. I am retired and love this iPad2. I walk most days to keep myself fit. I also love reading and cooking.
My darling man is in a nursing home so I visit him often.
I love this site and hopefully I will learn a lot of tips.

OP
C

charley4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your welcome.
I hope I am in the right place to ask a question.
I have noticed that I have to many contacts in my contact folder on my iPad 2. Most of them I don't know and also don't understand how they got there. How do I delete them? Can some one please advice me. Thankyou.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you have activated Facebook on your iPad? When you do, it defaults to loading ALL your Facebook friends info;a very annoying fault, if you ask me!

To see if that is what is happening, go to the Facebook tab in your Settings app. On the right side, under the line "Allow These Apps To Use Your Account," make sure you have the "Contacts" line turned OFF. Then, all Facebook contact info will be removed from your Contacts.

If you don't have Facebook activated on your iPad, then never mind and I'm sorry - 'cause I don't know why you have so many contacts, then. :)

Marilyn

OP
C

charley4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn, I am slow with my reply. I think you might be right about Facebook.
I went to settings but I couldn't see Allow these apps to use my account. I was looking for the contacts line to turn it off couldn't
See that either. Hope you can still try and help me. Thanks!
I will be back on the site later.
charley4

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this'll help?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368840810.764704.jpg

This is a view from within the Settings app...

Marilyn

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm a reader as well, and (hopefully) an author-to-be once I finish writing my book.

-Samana

OP
C

charley4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn, It was my facebook contacts you have helped me delete them. You explained every thing so well. You have been very helpful.
charley4

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you and that I helped. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts