What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

cyprus203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I plug my ipad into my Dell Inspiron I get a message telling me it is not charging yet I can sync etc. ok. Can anyone help please

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It says it is not charging because it isn't. IF it is, it is very slow. It is said there isn't enough power to charge through USB on the computer.

Do you not have an outlet in your wall?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can install a free program named "AiChargerAP".
It will allow you to charge through regular USB connection on your PC or Lap-Top.
Works fine for me on Lap-Top from Compaq / HP .

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
It does not charge while the screen is on. It will charge, albeit slow, when the screen is off. It will take about 8 hours for a full charge from 0%.

Using an app that changes the voltage of a USB port is a bad idea and will harm (eventually) any system for which it was not designed. AiChargerAP is meant to run on specific ASUS motherboards, not all computers.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using an app that changes the voltage of a USB port is a bad idea and will harm (eventually) any system for which it was not designed. AiChargerAP is meant to run on specific ASUS motherboards, not all computers.

And there ya have it. I knew that app was a bad idea.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a recent MAC, it will charge properly, if you have a newer motherboard in a PC with the higher output USB ports it will charge. Otherwise, that's why it came with a charger just for the iPad. Technically speaking, most USB ports put out 0.5 amps @ 5 volts, the iPad charger puts out 2.1 amps @ 5v. That's what the iPad requires to charge fast, but, it will still charge up on the USB ports, just slower.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thought, batteries don't like heat, it kills them sooner rather than later. Fast charge, Ipad charger, more heat, feel it, see what I mean. Slow charge, less heat, feel it and see the difference. Leave it overnight on USB or iPhone charger, still charges to 100% either way. Just the musing of an old Electronics Engineer with 40+ years of experience.

Most reactions

Latest posts