CHarging

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by DrexXx, May 31, 2015.

1. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good day
    My ipad 4 with retina display wifi 4g charges 40 percent for 5hours is that normal because im feeling it is not normal.... and when i play 40mins continous game with wifi on it consume 10percent of the battery. Do i have a battery problem? Should i go to the apple repair center?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you using the charger and cable that came with the iPad? Using smaller capacity charger can extend the charging time. Charging through the USB port on a computer will also take longer than normal.

In regards to battery usage when gaming, 10% drain after 40 minutes would give a total time of 6.66 hours if you started at 100% and went to 0%. That could be reasonable depending on how high you set your screen brightness at. The brighter the screen, the quicker the battery drains.

3. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I bought another original charger from apple and came up with that result 5hrs with 40percent... is the charging time of my ipad 4 normal? All etc like wifi bluetooth are off and no program is running while im charging

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    5 hours in that circumstance is quite a bit longer than normal. That would mean it would take over 12 hours to charge to 100%.

It's possible that your battery may be reaching the end of its life. The expected lifetime of an iPad battery is what you would normally expect but not all batteries are created equal. A few will wear out faster than normal.

Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take it in for a Genius Bar appointment? They would run a full diagnostic to see if there are any software or hardware issues that could be causing the long charging time.

#4 scifan57, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  5. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok sir ill take it to apple store hope it wont cost much for a battery repair thx again for your kind answer

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.

7. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok thx... may sister ask the apple shop they need to see the unit ... base on the charging time they told my sister battery problem but they still need to see the unit.... hope the repair cost a little....

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  10. DrexXx

DrexXx
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    THey ryn a diagnostic test on my ipad they told me that my ipad dnt have any problem....in the case of long charging time the problem lies on my charger but i already have a new charger bought from apple.... here in philippines they dont replace by parts.... they replace by unit its like buying a new one.... one thing thats bothering me is that if my battery is good and in good condition why is it ... it take long to charge it.... i dnt know what to do with this ipad