What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

My ipad showed that I only had 19% battery usage left this morning so I placed it on charge. I have just checked to see how it is doing and the meter in the top right of the screen now shows only 16% battery left. This is 7 hrs later and, yes, it made the sound that it was charging together with showing the lightning symbol at the side of the meter.
The ipad is only 2 years old and although used daily I do try to maintain the battery.
Any ideas p,eae, before it goes down completely?
Mike

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to add that I always use the charger and cable that came with the iPad and recently I charged my iPad fully on the same kit, no problem.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what you could try:

Reset your iPad (Home and Power button...).
Use a different wall outlet. Maybe this will help.
Take a look at the port, maybe it has to be cleaned. If you have to clean it, do so very cautiously and carefully.
If possible, use a different cable and/or charger. Although they were charging before, there still could have happened something in the meantime that damaged them.

I do hope one of these will fix your problem. :)

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Johanna,
Thank you very much. I had done everything you suggest, other than a different charger as I do not have spare. That was the next step
I have just checked and after 30 mins, the charge has risen fro 16% to 20%. Here's hoping

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update to let you know that my beloved ipad has charged ok. Seems to be back to normal so I guess it was down to one of the solutions recommended by J. A. Anyway, relieved to know that I do not have to put a new ipad on my Christmas list, I wish!
All the best to everyone, have a good Season.

Most reactions

Latest posts