What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why does my ipad 4 not charge when I am using it?
Are you using the supplied charger and plugging into a wall socket or are you connecting to a USB port on a computer. Some USB ports do not supply sufficient power to do more than trickle charge the iPad when it is in sleep mode.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am just using the charger that was supplied with the ipad , it charges ok if I am not working on the ipad but doesn't charge at all otherwise
Are you charging through wall socket or through the USB port on your PC. If through the PC, then fyi, the rate of charging through USB connection from PC is slower than wall socket charging for all devices. If you use the iPad, you will find the rate very slow. Like mine does not charge at all even if I don't do anything. It says 'not charging'.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts