What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

Rebecca1153

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard that if you leave your apple device charging too long it can jack up your battery. Is this true?

dnaimagery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My g/f told me something similar that you should discharge your battery at least once a month to conserve the battery.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have heard that if you leave your apple device charging too long it can jack up your battery. Is this true?

Agree w/ the previous poster - no worry, there are built-in safeguards; however not sure what you mean by 'jack up your battery'?

My g/f told me something similar that you should discharge your battery at least once a month to conserve the battery.

You're correct, i.e. Apple recommends that you allow the battery to 'near' completely discharge about once a month to recalibrate the battery monitoring technology so reporting is accurate - but has little to do w/ 'conserving the battery'. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts