What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

y121san

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad seems to be taking ages to charge up.

Do I need a new battery????

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doubtful. Even the oldest iPads are not old enough yet for battery life to become a problem. Even when batteries start to deteriorate (after about 3 years of charging from 0 to 100% every single day) the time taken to charge should not alter appreciably.

Which model do you have? If you are using it while you are charging it, it will take longer to charge, especially if you have your screen brightness turned up. I have the iPad 2, as in non-retina display version, and with the brightness at 100% and using a GPS app, the charger only just keeps up with the battery draw.

OP
y121san

y121san

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers. I have the ipad 2. I've tried different connectors, chargers, devices etc but it just seems to be on the ipad. I'll try turning off notifications/locations and lighting etc.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cheers. I have the ipad 2. I've tried different connectors, chargers, devices etc but it just seems to be on the ipad. I'll try turning off notifications/locations and lighting etc.

Can you post your charger(s)specs (or a pic or two)? The iPad uses a higher power/current charger than iPods and iPhones. It will charge with the lower power device, just sloooowly.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're probably charging off a slow charger, as Kevin suggests, or there's something wrong with your battery.

My iPad 2's battery is still going strong and charging normally after intensive use. I used one of my iPad 1s like crazy for more than two years (lots of battery abuse, too) and its battery was going strong when I gave it away.

Most reactions

Latest posts