Charging very slow

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by mwhoody, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mwhoody

mwhoody iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    My wife brought down her ipad2 to tell me that it's charging very very slow.
    Anyway, i plugged it in and, yes, it is very slow. It takes approx. 6 min. to go up 1%. Is this normal.
    My wife claims that it is much slower now that before. It also seems that way to me as well.
    1% in 6 min. is that a normal charging rate?
    Thank you

Oops forgot to say, I bought a new wall charging unit and a new charging cable and have no change - still 1% in 6 - 7 min.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +902 / 0
    Hello - not sure that I can add much at the moment, but is this a 'new' development? Has the iPad been upgraded to iOS 7.0.2? If the latter, you may want to 'Reset' the device (directions below, if not familiar w/ the maneuver) - good luck & let us know if this helps. Dave :)

3. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Is this with the original 2 amp charger? There is a difference in the chargers and if you are using a 1 amp charger (really for iPhones and iPods) it will charge albeit slowly.
  4. mwhoody

mwhoody iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Yes, I do have the latest update (in the last week or so) I also did the Reset. It didn't seem to make a difference.
    And yes I also used the original Charger that came with the ipad2. And now of course I purchased a new (official apple) charger to see if it would make any difference. It didn't.
    I couldn't find an official apple cable so I had to settle for a 3rd market cable. I tried that, plus another apple cable that I had purchased a while back. Still slow after all that.
    Not sure where to go from here.
    Thanks guys