What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging very slow

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife brought down her ipad2 to tell me that it's charging very very slow.
Anyway, i plugged it in and, yes, it is very slow. It takes approx. 6 min. to go up 1%. Is this normal.
My wife claims that it is much slower now that before. It also seems that way to me as well.
1% in 6 min. is that a normal charging rate?
Thank you

Oops forgot to say, I bought a new wall charging unit and a new charging cable and have no change - still 1% in 6 - 7 min.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - not sure that I can add much at the moment, but is this a 'new' development? Has the iPad been upgraded to iOS 7.0.2? If the latter, you may want to 'Reset' the device (directions below, if not familiar w/ the maneuver) - good luck & let us know if this helps. Dave :)

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this with the original 2 amp charger? There is a difference in the chargers and if you are using a 1 amp charger (really for iPhones and iPods) it will charge albeit slowly.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I do have the latest update (in the last week or so) I also did the Reset. It didn't seem to make a difference.
And yes I also used the original Charger that came with the ipad2. And now of course I purchased a new (official apple) charger to see if it would make any difference. It didn't.
I couldn't find an official apple cable so I had to settle for a 3rd market cable. I tried that, plus another apple cable that I had purchased a while back. Still slow after all that.
Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks guys

Most reactions

Latest posts