What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging the ipad

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what charger you were using but my iPhone charger won't charge my iPad, cause I wasn't going to use my new one that came with it but when I plugged it in with the iPhone charger it didn't do anything just said not charging.

Not sure what IPhone charger you are using..but the charger from my IPhone 3GS definitely work with my IPAD...slower but charges. In fact, we interechange charges at my house...between ITouches, IPhones and IPad. Which charger we use depends on what part of the house the item is at..

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oldcrow said:
Hi Folks, I'm a total noob here and just got my iPad a few days ago. This is my first post!

I'm a purchaser for a national US distributor and my product category is chargers and batteries for consumer electronics like cell phones and laptops.

The whole accessory industry wasn't quite prepared for the power demands of the iPad and Nook Color. Your USB port puts out 500 milliAmps of current on a Windows PC. Most newer Apple computers put out 1100 milliApms (1.1 Amps). 1.1Amps is the minimum required for an iPad.

At the moment, 1.1 and 2 Amp USB chargers are hard to find. This will change by the summer of 2011 - There are already shipments of these chargers on the water from China.

In the mean time, keep that 2 Amp Apple charger handy!

This is useful information! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts