What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging Question

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: Do I run any risk of damaging the Air 2 by using a USB port on my computer that gives me the message, "Not Charging"? Seems to work fine for ITunes, etc. but I wanted to be sure...Thanks a lot...

Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi: Do I run any risk of damaging the Air 2 by using a USB port on my computer that gives me the message, "Not Charging"? Seems to work fine for ITunes, etc. but I wanted to be sure...Thanks a lot...

Steve
No, you won't run any risk of damaging your iPad Air 2 by using a USB port which causes the not charging pop up to appear. This just means that the power supplied by that USB port is not high enough to charge the iPad while using it. If you put the iPad to sleep and check some time later you'll find that the iPad is charging, but at a much slower rate than when connected to the supplied charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts