What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problems

Kaelib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ipad2 is charging to 23% and not going any higher. Any ideas?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of unusual, assuming that you left it in sleep mode, are you using a proper charger accessory and are you charging through a socket that supplies enough juice?

OP
K

Kaelib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yip been in sleep mode for a number of hours now but still not went up. And yea it's the proper cable and everything. Usually when the battery isn't full and u plug in the charger it comes up charging but mine comes up charged

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's very weird, I haven't encountered this before so I can't help much, I'm sorry.

But you can try to download ASUS Ai Charger in your Desktop or Laptop and try to charge your iPad from there, tell me how it works.

And I guess someone else will have to resolve this issue.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let the iPad run until it shuts down. Then try charging it again without interruption and using the charger and cable that came with it. It should take 4 to 6 hour for an iPad 2 if everything is working correctly.

Apple recommends that you do this about once a month in order to keep the percentage indicator calibrated. If it still does not work and your hardware warrantee still valid try contacting Apple.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the charger, I had an old iPad charger, it bent at the top where the plug was, and the charger couldn't charge because of it, so I had to replace the charger, because it was very difficult to get it to charge, it took me like 10 minutes each time to get it to charge, so I would suggest checking to see if there's anything strange about the charger.

OP
K

Kaelib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I've tried my friends charger and that worked fine, need to replace the charger

Most reactions

Latest posts