What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charging problem

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best solution is to bring the unit to your nearest Apple store. They would know whether it's the wall charger or cable problem.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or, try this:

Try using somebody else's charger but with your own cable. If it charges, your wall charger need replacement.
Try using your wall charger but with somebody else's cable. If it charges, your cable needs replacement.
Try using somebody else's wall charger and cable. If it doesn't charge, bring your iPad to your nearest Apple store to have it fixed.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a 5ft. extension cable when Im on bed and the only problem I see is that charging seems to take longer than usual.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use various chargers depending on my situation. I bought a Belkin power bar with two USB outlets. That works. So does the original iPad charger. The iPhone charger does not.

In my car and truck I have a Monster cable twin USB outlet that charges iPad and iPhone simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

firedog83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my ipad last May, the wall charger has stopped working after only 16 months. The cable is fine works from my daughters wall charger. I have tried to charge of a desktop but i get not charging message next to the battery icon. What am I doing wrong or is their an Apple specfic charging system? Thanks in advance, as I have read eslewhere this may be a common problem. I was hoping that my desktop usb would allow for charging while at the firehouse.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
firedog83 said:
Got my ipad last May, the wall charger has stopped working after only 16 months. The cable is fine works from my daughters wall charger. I have tried to charge of a desktop but i get not charging message next to the battery icon. What am I doing wrong or is their an Apple specfic charging system? Thanks in advance, as I have read eslewhere this may be a common problem. I was hoping that my desktop usb would allow for charging while at the firehouse.

Use the specific charger for iPad. The USB port of a pc doesn't supply the right wattage for the iPad hence you get the not charging message.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your USB connection will actually charge the iPad. It's just at too slow a rate to activate the charging symbol. In the worst case, it will slow down the rate of discharge.

Most reactions

Latest posts