What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problem.....?!?!?!

Wisegoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my first post so apologies for it requesting advice.......

My iPad is 8 months old and has worked a treat up until last week.... I have always used the AC plug supplied in the box only now when I plug it in a red large battery appears and the lightening bolt shows in the top right battery icon but no matter how long it is plugged in the percentage does not rise, it just continues to drain :-(

I have changed outlets, charged on standby, charged whilst switched off.... Search online forums but most people seem to have the USB outlet problem not the AC plug......

Please help if you can!!!!!!!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try charging using a PC/Mac it will display "not charging" but actually it is.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of this problem. For sure, if you're near an Apple store, the easiest, quickest and cheapest way of finding out where the problem lies might be to pop down to the store and ask if you can plug your iPad in to one of their iPad chargers for a while. That might enable you to determine whether the problem lies with the iPad or the charger. Whatever the problem, given the age of your iPad, it should still be under warranty.

There have been posts on this Forum of failed chargers so, unlikely as that might seem, it's not entirely impossible and certainly a better outcome than having problems with your iPad.

Let us know the outcome here - they'll be several other Forum members interested in what you discover. I 'hope' that it's only a faulty charger.

Tim
Scotland

OP
W

Wisegoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for advice, I have tried through the computer USB port but th same thing happens, I will try get to a store in next few days and I will be sure to update you all!! Thanks!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resetting the device first by holding the "Sleep" and "Home" button down until the device shuts off, then restart it. A reset might recalibrate the power meter display (assuming that the battery is charging fine, it's just the software displaying the meter which is defective.)

norm62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I too have the same problem I have bought new ac adapter, I have bought an ipad/ipod dock which charges the iPOD but the ipad just sits there, the green recharge light is on for it but the battery meter keeps draining I only have my ipad over a year or less, I have used the ac adapter that came with it, but no joy I am very disappointed it was working so well prior to this

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
norm62 said:
Hello
I too have the same problem I have bought new ac adapter, I have bought an ipad/ipod dock which charges the iPOD but the ipad just sits there, the green recharge light is on for it but the battery meter keeps draining I only have my ipad over a year or less, I have used the ac adapter that came with it, but no joy I am very disappointed it was working so well prior to this

Bring the iPad in to a Apple store.

OP
W

Wisegoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE

Hi everyone,

So took my iPad to pcworld today and it seems the problem lay with the USB cable!! so a new cable later and Thankfully my beloved machine is back upto 100% :)

Thanks for all help!!!

RikP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE

Hi everyone,

So took my iPad to pcworld today and it seems the problem lay with the USB cable!! so a new cable later and Thankfully my beloved machine is back upto 100% :)

Thanks for all help!!!

I had much the same problem except I went to the apple store at the Genius counter they swapped my bad cable for free! :cool:

I also had been having trouble sometimes I'd plug in the recharger and it would register "not charging" this was due to my using the 5 amp iPod classic unit instead of the 10 am iPad charger. They look identical!

Most reactions

Latest posts