What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging not supported w/ this accessory?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have not changed cord nor charger since getting my iPad 2, 15 months ago. Now, out of the blue (and not very often, but often enough) this message pops up? What gives?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This only happens with a speaker dock I bought. Interestingly enough, it was compatible originally. Extremely annoying because my iPad 3 doesn't charge on it. iPhone 4 does. Anyone answer?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've gotten this once or twice on the iPad. Have gotten it 5 or 6 times on my iPhone. A Google search shows it as being fairly common with some people blaming IOS 5.X but some posts go back to IOS 4. Most popular cause that people have come up with is dirty or bent contacts on the cord or the iDevice :))) connector. Quite a few people had the charger port replaced and it then worked. But if it was dirty that would make sense.

On my iPhone I've cleaned the contacts and had it work correctly right away. Two days later I'll plug it in again, with the same charger and cord, and get the charging error.

Right now I have 7 charger cords and 4 chargers that are used with two iPhones and 1 iPad. If one cord doesn't work I go to the next one. Eventually one works. A week or so later the one that didn't work before now works and the one that did work doesn't. Doesn't seem to matter which charger is used.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had this occasionally with devices that are known to work. Usually, unplugging and reseating sorts the problem out.

I assume one or more of the contacts on the 30-pin doesn't sit properly.

Most reactions

Latest posts