What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging iPad3 Question

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning I started charging my new iPad 3 purchased last week. This time I used just one of those smaller white cube-looking AC/110 adapter that came with an ipod touch 2 year ago. After 3 hours the iPad3 was only at %21, and the AC adapter was quite warm.
Question: Is this smaller AC adapter something to be avoided when charging? The iPad 3 was shipped with a larger adapter.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The ipad charger has twice the capacity of ipod touch/iphone chargers (10w compared to 5w).

They will charge it, just a lot slower.

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to figure that the device that comes with the new pad is probably there for a specific reason. You didnt buy a 2 year old iPod. The iPad is much bigger and uses much more power requiring a much bigger battery and hence a bigger charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts