What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone else's charger feel warm after charging the iPad 4?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not unusual for a charger to be warm to the touch while charging. My iPad 3 is plugged in now and charging and the charger is indeed warm. Mine is the 10W charger, if you have the iPad 4 then you likely have the 12W charger, which draws more current and is likely to get warm. Not a problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I still have an iPad2 which came w/ a 10W (i.e. 5V x 2.1Amps) charger which feels warm (not hot) to touch when I'm charging the device. The newer iPads w/ retina display/upgraded processor take more power and I assume the battery is heaftier (have not check specifics), so Apple released a 12W charger (if still 5V, then the amperage should be 2.4A) - thus, I would suspect this charger to be slightly warmer than the older one - BUT, I'd await responses from others w/ the newer charger. :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup.............my iPad 4 with the 12W charger does indeed get warm.
Not excessively though so I wouldn't be concerned.

btw - I purchased an additional 12W charger for traveling..........Geez, you need to purchase the charger and the cord separately. $$ for Apple. :eek:

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... I won't worry unless it gets hot to the touch than!

Most reactions

Latest posts