What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger getting hot

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi -- I am going to move this to General Discussions. While you are waiting for a response, there has been several discussions related to your question. The Search Function may help you with getting an answer for you! :)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The charger converts AC electricity from 80 to 260 volts into DC electricity at 5v to charge your iPad. It gets hot in the process. Perfectly normal.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Internal losses in the charger is the reason it gets warm. This is perfectly normal.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad charger also gets hot but when i shared it with my friends, They said it's ok.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is normal that charger to get hot when it is charging something but when it becomes near to fully charged then the charger will start to cool down. So its simple. But if you notice that it is overheating then it could be issue otherwise its ok.

Most reactions