What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charge new ipad without using power adaptor?warranty?

ykuan87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Izzit possible to charge new ipad with I phone 4s plug head connect with the ipad USB cable? Might be spoil or damage if I doing so...? Secondly is I brought this new ipad in Singapore, and I wonder how to show warranty document to service center staff since that is not enclosed any warranty card. What I should do....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad will charge with the iPhone charger. Just be aware that it won't charge as fast (there's not enough of a power output from the phone charger). For faster (and best) charging, you will want to use the iPad charger, however...

I believe your receipt acts as the warranty card (for Apple's purposes). I've never received a warranty card - and I believe your one-year warranty starts with the purchase. Now, if you signed up (read: paid for) the extended Apple Care, I'm sure that would be documented at Apple.

Marilyn

OP
Y

ykuan87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But the problem is I won that new iPad from lucky draw, so don't h any purchase receipt. What to do?

OP
Y

ykuan87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've checked the serial number in the official website already and it shown my iPad is within the one year warranty. But I wonder the customer service here wants me show the purchase receipt But I don't have it.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's nice that they want it. Inform them you don't have it, due to it being a prize, and that the warranty still needs to be honored. If need be get a manager to help resolve any issues.

OP
Y

ykuan87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the only way...thanks guys for giving suggestions.

Most reactions